Friday, April 06, 2007

Try again, never stop believing

Life is full of ups and downs, like a rollercoaster. Never would i imagine myself even getting through the interview round for council. The surprising yet elating news seemed so eons ago. Now...now i cant wait to forget the memories of council campaigning. Truth be told, it was a wonderful and enriching experience for me. The planning late into the night (with the emotional outbreak), the buying of materials, the painting of banners, the putting up of posters, giving out stickers are all etched into my memory, and pictures in reminescence of the stressful, yet fulfilling times. But experience is just the name we give our mistakes. I have let myself down countless times, including this time. I cannot stand the feeling. The wave of emotions that rush through me as i stared at the board with countless name, none mine. I tried to keep it in, but it just erupted like a volcano, the outpouring of tears instead of lava. Concerned faces and people trying to console me. I really thanks you all, but no one will really understand how i feel deep down inside. Even when i dun wanna think about it, it all comes back to me, together with that rush of emotions, that really wanna just make me breakdown and cry. Learning to forgive somehow seems easier than learning to forget. I am really trying hard to. Sooner or later, it will just be a part of my life where i stumbled and fell, but for now, it is a large barrier that i need to overcome, need to forget, need to let go. Congrats to all those who made, whose efforts have paid off. My efforts never made it through. I know God has other plans for me, which is the reason why He decided not to fulfil this dream and hope of mine, and I will live with it, cos He is the mightiest, and will lift me up when my spirits are down. Trust in him, I shall. And He will light the path and guide the rest of the way for me, so I will not stumble and fall yet again.