Saturday, March 06, 2010

With a heavy heart and sinking feet,
I trod along this cold dark street.
Where people only stopped to stare,
and no one bothered to stop and care.

I cried to myself, no one would understand
the problems a young child could possibly have.
I thought I was all alone, the shadows and me
til I heard a still, small voice, someone speaking whom I could not see.

My child my child, when the world seems to be crashing down on you,
I have always been here waiting for you.
I want you to know, you have a friend,
someone who can lend a helping hand.

I did not really understand, and wondered who is this man.
To which the reply came, Jesus, I am.
I am the way, the truth the life, he said.
And this universe and you, I made.

Just call out to me, fearful one.
And you will no longer be alone.
I will be your guide and shield.
And I can even provide your next meal.

I gazed upwards towards the source,
and with trembling lips said, I want to know you, but what is the cost.
I paid it all for you, he said,
when I gave up my life, on the cross I laid.

And then I knew, and fear fled away.
And in my heart, I silently prayed,
Dear Jesus, mend this heart of mine,
break it and use it for its truly thine.

And now, I find myself on a street brighly lit,
with people smiling, everyone I meet.
I once was blind, but now I see.
The answer was always just right in front of me.