Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am so fortunate

Met this boy around the age of 15 diagnosed with tuberos sclerosis which is an autosomal dominant disease that affects many parts of the body. It caused him to have seizures and fits since he was diagnosed at the age of 2, and caused him to have severe mental retardation, autism and many other problems. Some of them included anaemia, gastroentritis, vitamin deficiencies, and they manifested in areas such as the eye, where he underwent operations to correct them. He is now wheelchair bound, and when i met him today, i just felt so much for him. His case is just so sad. It was then that i realised how fortunate i was. I have been piled with a lot of things to do these 2 weeks, and i just felt a quite stressed. But here i was complaining, when this boy was under so much more suffering and pain then i was. I was just so moved by his conditions and how much he had gone through that i muttered a silent prayer for him and his parents. Oh, I thank God for giving me great blessings in my life, and for just helping me to realise that all the stuff that im doing is nothing compared to how He has put that boy through the trials and tribulations. Now, I know Lord. Give me more Lord, to do great and mighty things for Your glory.

No comments: